Select Research Projects under the Faculty
- Global Asylum Governance and European Union’s Role (ASILE) Project, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 870787 (2020-ongoing);
- Amendment of the Existing Noise Pollution Control Rules, 2006 under Integrated and Participatory Project to Control Noise pollution funded by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (2022);
- Research study on understanding the systemic vulnerability to human trafficking (Bangladesh, Malaysia, and Kyrgyzstan) funded by Winrock International and the USAID (2022);
- Legislative Research for Identification of Discriminatory Provision in Existing Laws (Package-4) Under Legislative Research and Reform for Promoting and Enforcing Non-discriminatory Laws and Policies Project, funded by Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Bangladesh (2020-2021).
Select Research Projects under the Department
- Undertaking a research study on the death penalty in collaboration with the Death Penalty Project (UK) investigating specifically the socio-economic profiles of prisoners of death row in Bangladesh funded by The Death Penalty Project Limited UK (2018-2020).
- Conducting two researches on Social and Legal implications of withdrawing the CEDAW reservations on the Bangladesh legal system and social norms; and Lapses in the legal framework reflected to informal employment sector with specific focus on women, funded by UNDP Bangladesh (2017-2018).
Centennial Publications by Faculty
- Legal Education in the University of Dhaka: A Centennial Review (Draft)
- Dhaka University Law Journal: Centennial Special Issue 2021
Dhaka University Law Journal
- Number of Volumes: 33
- Number of Issues: 40
- Number of Total Articles: 300
Books and Edited Books
- Dr. Borhan Uddin Khan (co-ed), Human Rights and International Criminal Law, Brill / Nijhoff, 2022
- Professor Dr. Muhammad EkramulHaque(co-ed),The Constitutional Law of Bangladesh: Progression and Transformation at its 50th Anniversary (Springer Australia, 2022, forthcoming)
- Rumana Islam and Mohammad GolamSarwar, Sustainable Development Objectives in International Investment Law - Global South Context by SPRINGER, (Global South Series) SPRINGER NATURE Singapore Pte Ltd 2022. Forthcoming
- Dr. Md. Nazrul Islam,Manabadhikar (Human Rights), Prothoma, 2019
- Arif Jamil, Patent Framework For The Human Stem Cells In Europe And The Usa: Innovation, Ethics And Access To Therapy, Science and Technology (LAST-JD),CIRSFID, University of Bologna, Italy (2016).
- DrRahmatUllah, BangabandhurManobadhikarDorshon,( Human Rights Philosophy of Bangabandhu) Published by National Human Rights Commission, 2013
- Dr. Nakib M. Nasrullah, CSR in Private Enterprises in Developing Countries: Evidences from the Ready-Made Garments Industry in Bangladesh, Published by Springer Nature (2013)
- Dr Mohammad Towhidul Islam, Trips Agreement of the WTO: Implications and Challenges for Bangladesh, Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2013
- Jamila A. Chowdhury, Gender Power and Mediation: Evaluative Mediation to Challenge the Power of Social Discourses Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2012
- Dr. SumaiyaKhair, Child Labour Revisited: Gender, Culture, Economics and Human Rights University Press Limited 2011
- Dr. TaslimaMonsoor, Gender Equity: Islamic Family Law and Women a Research from Malaysia and Bangladesh, British Council, 2009
- Dr. Muhammad EkramulHaque, Encyclopedia of Public International Law in Asia, BRILL NIJHOFF, 2021
- Dr. Borhan Uddin Khan, Compendium of Laws on or having bearing on Local Government, Sharique, 2015