The Department of Japanese Studies (DJS) aims to provide the students with broader knowledge and deep understanding of Japanese economy, society, history, culture, politics and language to lay the foundation for MPhil and PhD degrees in this field. After successful completion of 4 years BSS (Hons) and 1 year MSS degree in Japanese Studies, students will be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge essential for understanding Japanese society and its civilization from an inter/multi-disciplinary approach.
- Identify and critically evaluate concepts specific to Japanese society.
- Understand Japan’s role in economic, social and human development in the context of Bangladesh and South Asia, and the world at large.
- Engage in conversations in Japanese on wide range of topics and will be able to read a range of literary works, informative writings and other non-literary texts as well as students will be able to express their thoughts in writing.
- Apply one or more specific theoretical approaches and research methodologies in a written analysis of some aspect of Japanese culture or society.
- Develop a community of scholars in Japanese Studies in academic institutions who can contribute to further consolidation of Japan-Bangladesh relations.
- Apply acquired skills and knowledge in formulating an independent research project
- Identify career options in Japan-related fields.