Fazlul Huq Muslim Hall (1940)
Fazlul Huq Muslim Hall was established in 1940, after the name of A.K. Fazlul Huq, former Prime-Minister of Un-divided Bengal. It is one of the oldest resident Halls of Dhaka University. This Hall had started functioning on 01 July, 1940 with a total of 363 students of which 231 were residents and 132 non-resident students including three girl students.
The Hall has got two buildings : Main building and Extension Building known as ‘South Building’. There are 244 rooms and 766 seats in this Hall.
The first Provost of the Hall was Dr. Mohammad Shahidullah. Professor Dr. Shah Md. Masum is the current Provost. There are seven House Tutors and seven Assistant House Tutors in the Hall. The Hall administration is run by the Provost. All House Tutors and Assistant House Tutors are assigned with different activities related to Hall administration and welfare for the students. Each of them is assigned with a particular block of the Hall for allotting seats. Hall dinning (Sristi Mess) is being run by an organizing committee of the mess under the guidance of senior House Tutor as its finance advisor. The administration of this Hall runs very smoothly.