International Hostel was established in 1966 for the foreign students of the University of Dhaka. It was named for the remembrance of Sir Philip Joseph Hartog (1864-1947), the first Vice Chancellor of the University of Dhaka. In 2001 this hostel was converted as Sir P.J. Hartog International Hall. Professor Dr. Md. Mohiuddin, professor of Institute of Business Administration is the current Provost of the hall. 117 foreign students are currently living in this hall. Among them, 17 are enrolled at different Departments and Institute of University of Dhaka and the rest are from different affiliated College/ Institute. A number of teachers and officers of the University also resides at this hall. The hall has nine guest rooms to accommodate visiting researchers and scholars. Hall observes several national days with due respect and solemnity. Indoor games tournament is arranged for the resident of the hall. There is a nice dining hall and neat and clean kitchens with modern facilities. There are reading room with library facilities and computer facility with internet connection for the students along with a well-organized TV room. Two nice and attractive gardens in front of the hall have increased the beauty of the hall.