CARASS has some basic objectives:
- To offer facilities for higher research (M Phil, PhD, and Post-doctoral) and development in different disciplines of humanities and social sciences.
- To organize seminars, symposiums, workshops, scholarly lectures, conferences and to disseminate academic achievements in the respective discipline.
- To establish a well-equipped journal library in order to serve the needs of the research scholars.
- To arrange and offer fellowships to local, regional and international researchers and scholars.
- To establish linkages and networks with national, regional and international research centers and academic institutions through exchange programmes.